I’ve just started be a health freak, and watching my diet. And one of the recommended things to eat being O blood type is kale. As it turns out this stuff is already growing in my garden, what a bonus. I found this recipe and voila, I now eat this side dish every day with my dinner. A great source of nutrients and vitamins, so try it.
- 1 large bunch of curly kale
- 2 or 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 small or 3 large cloves of garlic (peeled, smashed and chopped)
- 1/2 to 1 purple onion, sliced very fine
- Wash and ‘spin’ dry the curly kale.
- Remove the stems.
- Stack the leaves on top of each other and slice them horizontally into fine strips
- Place the strips into a glass or porcelain bowl
- Juice the lemons.
- Peel and cut the garlic cloves into chunks.
- Put the olive oil, lemon, garlic, and salt into the blender and combine on high to make a frothy liquid.
- Pour 1/2 the liquid over the top of the kale.
- Mix well with salad utensils.
- Pour the remaining liquid over the kale and keep turning and mixing with the salad utensils.
- Let the mixture sit for at least 2 hours before you eat it as the lemon and olive oil will ‘cure’ the kale so that it becomes much softer and more edible.
- Garnish with as many of the onion slices as you like.